UPDATE: CENTERS & INSTITUTES GUIDANCE
The Office for Research and Innovation has been working with faculty and administrative colleagues to establish an appropriate set of guidelines for the establishment and administration of university research centers and institutes that report to the Office for Research and Innovation. The guidance is formalized and made available in the following document:
Research Centers and Institutes support the active research and graduate training taking place at the UO and strengthen the UO’s research mission.
Centers and Institutes:
- Have long been an important contributor to the academic strength and intellectual vitality of the UO.
- Contribute to a longstanding tradition of interdisciplinary research.
- Have a history of collaborative and innovative work.
- Provide opportunities for research and graduate training in a wide variety of disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and a variety of technical fields.
With the process concluded, the guidance will be in force fully in FY15.
UPDATE: RESEARCH CORE FACILITIES GUIDANCE
The Office for Research and Innovation has been working to formalize and systematize the organization and operation of extant research core facilities, and provide a mechanism for the development of new core facilities. The guidance is formalized and made available in the following document:
Research core facilities help Office for Research and Innovation to fulfill its mission of advancing transformative excellence in research and innovation. Research core facilities:
- Support faculty research success by enabling particular types of research capacities, such as equipment, material, data acquisition, data analysis, consultation or expertise, and/or other service.
- Provide access to cutting edge equipment and expertise for small and large business entities.
- Create opportunities for businesses to build synergies and partnerships with UO faculty.
- Provide graduate students with access to tools, capacities, specific training, and projects.
With the process concluded, the guidance will be implemented fully in FY15.