Federal regulation and UO's Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Policy ("FCOI policy") require that anyone responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of sponsored research complete annual Financial Conflict of Interest in Research (FCOI) training and a Significant Financial Interest (SFI) declaration. The training and SFI declaration are completed through EPCS.
Whether you declared any SFIs or not, you may have an outside activity or interest that must be disclosed in accordance with Oregon State ethics law and the UO's Conflict of Interest, Conflict of Commitment, and Outside Activities Policy ("COI-COC policy"). Disclosure of such an activity or interest is made separately from the SFI declaration.
Sponsored researchers should follow the process outlined below to ensure they have disclosed SFIs and any additional outside activity or interest that may require disclosure/approval under the COI-COC policy:
- Complete your SFI declaration through EPCS.
- Complete a COI-COC self-assessment form (available in Word and PDF).
- If you answer yes to any questions on the self-assessment, and all of the information you are prompted to provide is in your SFI declaration, indicate “see SFI declaration” on the self-assessment form and submit it to RCS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you answer yes or are unsure about how to answer any questions on the self-assessment form, and the information is not in your SFI declaration, provide the information requested and submit the complete self-assessment form to RCS at email@example.com.
- Be sure the self-assessment form you submit to RCS has information about any/all outside interests/activities for which you marked yes or unsure.
- If you answer no to all questions on the self-assessment, retain the form for your records.
For additional information about the UO's Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Policy or the Conflict of Interest, Conflict of Commitment, and Outside Activities Policy, visit the links below:
|UO’s COI-COC Policy|
|Financial Conflict of Interest in Research (FCOI)|
Please take a moment to complete the RCS Satisfaction and Accessibility Survey. This survey provides feedback to Research Compliance Services for program evaluation. Your responses can be anonymous, and you are not required to answer all questions. We greatly appreciate your time and feedback!