Research Impact Statistics
UO scholars and researchers won a record amount of grants and awards in the 2022 fiscal year.
- The University of Oregon (UO) was awarded $180 million in grants, contracts and competitive awards in FY22, an increase of 4.4% from the previous year.
- The overall tally was even higher at $221.4 million, but that included $41.4 million in COVID-19 relief funds.
- The total comprised 671 awards.
- Federal award support made up 73% of the total funding awarded in FY22.
- 1,024 proposals were submitted requesting a total of $193.4 million in first-year funding.
- Total expenditures in FY22 totaled $150 million, an increase of 12% from the previous year.
- Research expenditures in FY22 totaled $104.9 million.
More information about researchers with the highest sponsored activity levels can be found here.
More information about unit-level proposals, awards, and expenditures can be found using our Research Stats tool
Innovation Impact Statistics
UO is a key contributor in the state's high innovation ranking: Oregon is #3 in the U.S. for innovation economy and business competitiveness.
The Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation (OVPRI) provides a monthly summary of funding awards and projects at the University of Oregon. Please note that the monthly award reports do not include recurring task orders on existing grants, non-competitive continuations, and other types of supplemental funding.
Sponsored Project Services (SPS), a service unit within the Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation (OVPRI), prepares an annual report each fiscal year that summarizes grant, contracts, and award activities at the University of Oregon.
The Business Affairs office at the University of Oregon provides a variety of financial statements and reports, including annual and quarterly financial reports for the University. Visit their financial reports page for more information.