Academic Year 2020-2021 Workshops for Researchers
All workshops will be provided via Zoom. We will send links to all registered attendees.
- NIH Overview - Understand the National Institutes of Health as a funding agency. We will cover agency structure, solicitation types and how to navigate them, and useful resources from the NIH website. (Presentation held on 10/21/2020)
- NIH Review Process - Understand the unique procedures for peer review of proposals at the National Institutes of Health, to help improve your own applications. (Presentation held on 10/28/20)
- NIH Specific Aims - Learn the art of writing your specific aims for grants to the National Institutes of Health, the most important component of your application. (Presentation held on 11/11/2020)
- Writing Your First NIH Proposal - Learn how to put together a grant proposal to the National Institutes of Health. We will cover resources available through RDS and NIH, as well as essential grant-writing tips. (Presentation held on 11/18/2021.)
- NEH/Humanities Fellowships Overview - Learn about the wide variety of humanities funding opportunities and best practices for writing competitive proposals to funding agencies like the National Endowment for Humanities and American Council of Learned Societies. (Presentation held on 1/28/2021.)
- Humanities Fellowships Mock Review Panel - Engage in interactive session where we review the strengths and weaknesses of proposals submitted the National Endowment for the Humanities. (Presentation held on 2/10/2021.)
- An Introduction to Honors and Awards for Early Career Faculty - Learn what it takes during your scholarly career to be competitive for such prestigious honors as the membership in the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and National Academy of Sciences. (Presentation held on 2/23/2021.)
- NSF Overview - Learn about National Science Foundation as a funding agency, including agency structure, solicitation types and how to navigate them, and useful resources from the NSF website.
- NSF Broader Impacts - Learn about the Broader Impacts review criteria for applications to the the NSF, and how to develop strong projects meeting that criteria.
- NSF CAREER Awards - Learn how to develop competitive applications for NSF CAREER Award program for Early Career Faculty.
- NIH NRSA Fellowships for Graduate Students - Learn how to develop fellowship applications for NIH National Service Research Award program.
- May 18, 2021, Noon to 1 pm
- REGISTER HERE
- 2019 Data Management Planning (PDF of PowerPoint)
- 2020 NIH NRSA Fellowships (PDF of PowerPoint and Video)
- 2020 NSF CAREER Awards (PDF of PowerPoint) and Designing Broader Impacts (PDF of PowerPoint) (Video)
- 2020 Navigating the National Science Foundation for Early-Career Faculty (PDF of PowerPoint and Video)
- 2020 Pivot Funding Opportunities Search Database (Video)
Research Development Services provide customized training at your request. If you’d like us to prepare and present a workshop or information session on any topic related to locating or applying for funding, please contact us to discuss your needs (email@example.com or 541-346-8308).