Project Rules Agreements (PRAs) clarify project members' rights and obligations at the beginning of a project. The agreements help take care of legal conversations so that you can focus on refining your innovation and optimizing its impact.
We work with you to custom craft a PRA for your specific context.
Our Echelon: PI platform coordinates the project team, streamlines intellectual property (IP) agreements and future licensing decisions, and facilitates digital signatures. If you're new to Echelon: PI, download our PDF tutorials.
View a Sample PRA
Educate and Organize Your Team with Project Rules Agreements (PRAs)
- Help project team members understand the scope of their participation, their rights and obligations, and the value of the project upfront.
- Foster collaborative, multi-lab, inter-institutional, and/or industry relationships that stand on solid legal footings.
- Provide students and post docs with professional experiences via real-world project participation that sets them up for future career success.
- Use the Echelon: PI platform to give team members an easy method to view and digitally sign the Project Rules that govern your project.
Simplify Asset-Sharing and Management with Echelon: PI
- Create a consistent system for bringing work into the project to save time and avoid potential misunderstandings among project participants.
- Enable project members to quickly and securely share new research and assets with the team.
- Document specific project contributions from each team member and ensure future equity.
- Submit external assets for review so the PI and/or IIT can assess and procure usage rights when needed to avoid future IP complications.
- Use the Inventory Worksheet to identify assets created.
Accelerate the Impact of your Innovation
- Avoid downstream ownership, IP, and licensing issues by proactively addressing team members' questions and decide on which asset to include in real time.
- Speed up implementation by applying IP best practices throughout the project.
- Maximize potential market penetration, licensing revenue, and social impact by mitigating IP ownership and revenue-sharing disagreements.
- Create consistent but light touchpoints with IIT to keep the project on target and ensure all IP obligations to sponsors are met.
Email Us to Get Started
Learn More About Project Rules Agreements and How to Use Echelon: PI
Screenshots with instructions on how to use Echelon: PI begin at 04:30.