The Innovation Partnership Services (IPS) Project Rules take care of difficult legal conversations so you can focus on refining your innovations to optimize their impacts upon the public sphere!
Echelon: PI helps you coordinate your project team, and streamline intellectual property (IP) agreements and future licensing decisions.
Educate and Organize Your Team with Project Rules
- Work with our IPS unit to craft custom Project Rules so contributors fully understand the scope of their participation, their rights and obligations and the value of the project upfront.
- Foster collaborative, multi-lab, inter-institutional and/or industry relationships that stand on solid legal footings.
- Provide students and post-docs with professional experiences via real-world project participation that sets them up for future success.
- Use the Echelon: PI to give team members an easy method to view and digitally sign the Project Rules that govern your project.
Simplify Asset-Sharing and Management with Echelon: PI
- Create a consistent system for bringing work into the project to save time and avoid potential misunderstandings among project participants.
- Enable project members to quickly and securely share new research and assets with the team.
- Document specific project contributions from each team member and ensure future equity.
- Submit external assets for review so IPS can assess and procure usage rights when needed to avoid future IP complications.
- Use the Inventory Worksheet to identify assets created in a University of Oregon research project.
Accelerate the Impact of your Innovation
- Avoid downstream ownership, IP and licensing issues by proactively addressing participant questions and asset inclusion decisions as they arise.
- Speed up implementation by applying IP best practices every step of the way.
- Maximize potential market penetration, licensing revenue and social impact by mitigating IP ownership and revenue-sharing disagreements late-in-the-game.
- Create consistent but light touchpoints with IPS to keep the project on target and ensure all IP obligations to sponsors are met.
Our IPS Team is happy to support you.
Contact the IPS office with any questions you may have about registering your intellectual property rights, managing contracts or creating partnerships.
If you're new to Echelon: PI, download our tutorials.
IPS serves as your Innovation Concierge to take care of the tricky legal hurdles so you can race ahead with innovations that change the world!