- The University of Oregon (UO) was awarded $152.4 million in grants, contracts and competitive awards in FY20, an increase of 20.9 percent from the previous year.
- The overall tally was even higher at $168.5 million, but that included $16 million in federal CARES Act funding for hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The total comprised 437 awards.
- Total federal award support came to $217.9 million, or 82% of the total funding awarded in FY20
- 1,266 proposals were submitted requesting a total of $171 million in first-year funding.
- Total expenditures in FY20 totaled $131.8 million, an increase of 5% from the previous year.
- Research expenditures in FY20 totaled $86.2 million.
ResearchStats provides visualizations of metrics for sponsored projects, including grants. Faculty and staff can view proposals, awards and expenditures dating back to 2009 in an easy-to-visualize format. Data from the last 10 years, including the 2020 fiscal year, is available for both research and nonresearch sponsored funding.
UO’s innovation metrics also rose during the 2020 fiscal year as researchers continued to translate new ideas into products and services, with increases in licensing revenue, patenting, trademarking and inventions from the natural sciences. The UO continued to be ranked No. 5 in the Association of American Universities in licensing per research dollar.
The Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation (OVPRI) provides a monthly summary of funding awards and projects at the University of Oregon. Please note that the monthly award reports do not include recurring task orders on existing grants, non-competitive continuations, and other types of supplemental funding.
Sponsored Project Services (SPS), a service unit within the Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation (OVPRI), prepares an annual report each fiscal year that summarizes grant, contracts, and award activities at the University of Oregon.
The Business Affairs office at the University of Oregon provides a variety of financial statements and reports, including annual and quarterly financial financial reports for the University. Visit their financial reports page for more information.