- The University of Oregon (UO) was awarded $126 million in grants, contracts and competitive awards in FY19, an increase of 2 percent from the previous year.
- The total comprised 572 awards.
- Multi-year award commitments — grants that stretch out into the future beyond the fiscal year — soared to $163 million, a 70 percent increase from the previous year.
- Total federal award support came to $101.7 million, or 81% of the total funding awarded in FY19
- 1,059 proposals were submitted requesting a total of $171 million in first-year funding.
- Total expenditures in FY19 totaled $125 million, an increase of 5% from the previous year.
- Research expenditures in FY19 totaled $88 million, an increase of 11% from the previous year.
ResearchStats provides visualizations of metrics for sponsored projects, including grants. Faculty and staff can view proposals, awards and expenditures dating back to 2009 in an easy-to-visualize format. Data from the last 10 years, including the 2019 fiscal year, is available for both research and nonresearch sponsored funding.
UO’s innovation metrics rose during the 2019 fiscal year, as UO researchers continued to translate innovations into impact. The university saw an increase in nonexclusive licensing as well as agreements for the exchange of data, software, research materials, and other proprietary materials.
Other Impact Highlights:
#5 UO rank in licensing per research dollar in the AAU
12% Increase in Patent Filings
14% Increase in disclosures
The Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation (OVPRI) provides a monthly summary of funding awards and projects at the University of Oregon. Please note that the monthly award reports do not include recurring task orders on existing grants, non-competitive continuations, and other types of supplemental funding.
Sponsored Project Services (SPS), a service unit within the Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation (OVPRI), prepares an annual report each fiscal year that summarizes grant, contracts, and award activities at the University of Oregon.
The Business Affairs office at the University of Oregon provides a variety of financial statements and reports, including annual and quarterly financial financial reports for the University. Visit their financial reports page for more information.