The Office for the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) formalized the organization and operation of the Research Core Facility (RCF) network in 2015. RCFs are OVPRI-affiliated service centers. They provide shared access to research instrumentation and services to the broader research community.
Communication from the Office for the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) that impacts the entire campus. All service centers that accept federal dollars for services must comply with federal regulations.
- Service center compliance memo from OVPRI:
- Reciprocal internal rates for research cores at Oregon Institutions
Research Core Facility (RCF) guidance policies and processes apply to OVPRI-affiliated service centers. These are living documents that are iteratively developed. They may be used by other units if desired.
- RCF Startup request process
- RCF Business Plan template
- RCF Roles and Responsibilities
- RCF Staffing change request process
- RCF Review process
- RCF Subsidy policy and process
- RCF Yearly rate review process
- FY20 Central Allocation memo [pdf]
- RCF Dispute resolution process
- RCF strategic planning and equipment recapitalization process
Research core facilities are required to achieve a service center compliance balance at the end of every fiscal year, with rate setting review that will cost recover with total resources allocated for activity processed and not operate in deficit.