The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation is committed to facilitating and enhancing external recognition through staff to help you increase your visibility and provide wider recognition for you and your work by providing access to resources and support in seeking honors and awards.
Am I ready for recognition?
Faculty who are competitive for external honors:
- Think both short term and long term about the recognition you seek.
- Maintain memberships and actively participate in professional societies.
- Cultivate a scholarly network and maintain professional relationships.
- Foster a culture of recognition by nominating colleagues, peers, and mentors.
- Maintain an up-to-date website featuring your research and other accomplishments.
How can you help me?
- Strategize: We can identify award opportunities suitable for you.
- Liaise: We can serve as liaisons between faculty and sponsors/awarding bodies.
- Develop: We can help write and edit award nominations and tailor and edit CVs.
- Coordinate: We can manage the nomination process.
Contact Research Development Services for assistance.
To learn more about Honors and Awards for Early Career Faculty, view our recorded workshop and presentation.
How do I find recognition opportunities?
- Look at the recognition opportunities offered by your member professional societies/associations.
- Ask peers and other colleagues about opportunities they think are a good fit for you.
- Look at opportunities tailored for the departments within UO schools and colleges.
- Click on the curated searches below to explore honors and opportunities in the Pivot database.