Proposal development is the first step in applying for external funding.
If you need help developing a competitive proposal, our Research Development Services (RDS) unit offers support by helping you:
- Finding funding
- Understand funding guidelines
- Improve your chances of grant success
RDS also has writing resources such as: templates, checklists, and boilerplate for many resources.
Additional Proposal Development Information & Timelines
- All proposals for external funding must be reviewed and approved by Sponsored Projects Services.*
- As part of proposal review and approval, an Electronic Proposal Clearance (EPCS) record must be made.
- The EPCS record must be completed and finalized a minimum of three business days prior to your proposal's due date.
- There are a number of roles and responsibilities to keep in mind when creating your proposal.
- All proposals that require Single IRB Review for human subjects research must consult with Research Compliance Services to secure pre-approval.
*Faculty and staff are not authorized to submit proposals for the university without SPS review and approval.