What is the RAP IACUC?
The new IACUC tool is part of the phased implementation of the Research Administration Portal (RAP), a suite of integrated tools that will support researchers and staff as they work through compliance and administration activities. The RAP IACUC tool will be used by animal researchers and teams to submit animal use protocols, amendments, annual and triennial reviews, create and manage team procedures, research teams, and more.
What is the Research Administration Portal (RAP)?
- The RAP will allow the UO to adopt more efficient research administration workflows that will help researchers improve their research capacity and provide a more transparent and seamless workflow. The system will offer a single dashboard from which investigators will be able to effectively manage a range of research compliance activities including submissions that cover human subjects research (live), conflict of interest, grant submissions, effort reporting, and IACUC submissions.
Why are we moving to a new tool?
- The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) currently manages several legacy technology systems, including eAPM the current tool used by investigators and IACUC staff to support animal use protocols. While our existing tools meet our needs, the integrated IACUC tool will better serve our growing research community.
When will it be implemented?
- Late summer 2022.
Why was the project timeline extended?
- The new IACUC system was originally scheduled to go-live in early 2022. After careful consideration by OVPRI leadership and the project team, the project timeline has been extended and we plan to go-live with the new IACUC tool in late summer 2022. An exact date will be communicated next year.
In adjusting the timing, we were motivated to:
ensure investigators a smooth roll-out and transition from the current system (eAPM),
allow the Animal Welfare Services team more time to develop and build adequate support resources for the new tool, and
provide the team time to prepare for the AAALAC International accreditation renewal process which will take place in the first half of 2022.
What can I expect from the new RAP IACUC tool?
Some features the new tool will offer are:
Improved visibility as to where your protocol is in the review process. When you log in, you will easily see if your protocol is in the pre-review state, being reviewed by the IACUC, or in post-review.
Integration with third-party training platforms, such as CITI and AALAS, for easy management of training records and requirements.
Infrastructure for a library of standard substances and procedures that supports IACUC review, versioning, and promoting research lab procedures to standard procedures.
A comprehensive view of research lab teams that includes team members, trainings, substances, procedures, and protocols.
What will the new system look like?
- Visit this webpage to get a sneak peak at the look and feel of the system.
How do I learn more about RAP IACUC?
- Visit the Learn more about RAP IACUC webpage or visit the Research Administration Portal (RAP) webpage.
How do I stay informed about this project?
- We will keep the community informed on the progress of this project with periodic communications. If you would like to receive more frequent updates about this effort, please subscribe to the following email list: email@example.com (click here to subscribe). Project updates are sent monthly.
- Monthly updates are also added to our Research Administration Portal (RAP) webpage.