The Office for the Vice President for Research and Innovation provides services and support for a variety of integrity and compliance functions, both for researchers and for the campus more broadly. We continually work to promote a culture of integrity and compliance, enabling the UO community to be successful in their interactions with human subjects in research, animals in research, responsible conduct of research, and allegations fo research misconduct.
Conflict of interests and conflicts of commitment that include research and beyond the research enterprise are handled by OVPRI. More information about the responsibilities and actions associated with integrity and compliance are provided below.
This section contains pages with information about managing:
- Human Subjects Research: Policies and procedures for working with human participants in research, including whether projects require review by our institutional review board.
- Animal Research: Policies and procedures for working with animals in research
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment, including Financial Conflict of Interest in Research
- Responsible Conduct of Research: Principles, training, and education for conducting research with integrity
- Allegations of Research Misconduct: Definitions regarding what represents misconduct, how to report concerns, and the processes associated with those reports.