About Research Compliance Services
Research Compliance Services (RCS) was created at the University of Oregon as a central research integrity office to help faculty, staff, and students navigate complex federal and state research compliance regulations, so that innovative and collaborative research may flourish. RCS partners with other research units to coordinate the activities of various compliance oversight committees.
UO researchers, students, staff and administrators may call on RCS staff for assistance with training, policies, procedures or compliance related problem-solving. If you require assistance, please contact us.
Our mission is to foster a culture of research integrity at the University of Oregon in compliance with governmental regulations and institutional requirements through guidance, education, and technical assistance for the university research community. By promoting the ethical and responsible conduct of research, we enable and encourage the advancement of knowledge, innovation and stewardship of resources and public trust. We support the interests of the University, faculty, staff and students, and the protection of the rights and welfare of participants in human research by facilitating regulatory compliance and best practices.
Research Compliance Services aspires to be an asset to the University research community by serving as a knowledgeable resource and providing excellent customer service through collaboration, consistency, and integrity.
What We Do
Research Compliance Services works with the University community to provide a variety of services related to research integrity and compliance by:
- Supporting the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects (CPHS), which serves as the University of Oregon's Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Provide consultation and guidance in the navigation of the IRB review process for Human Subject Research review.
- Coordinating the translation of legislation and regulatory requirements into University policy and procedures.
- Reviewing individual disclosures of potential conflicts of interest in research and assisting in the management or elimination of those conflicts.
- Supporting the Conflict of Interest in Research Committee (COIRC).
- Facilitating Responsible Conduct of Research training and education that provides a basic understanding of research compliance and integrity issues.
- Leading inquiries regarding alleged research misconduct and violation of regulations, policies and guidelines governing research misconduct.
- Supporting the University's Institutional Official for human and animal subject research, as well as research activities monitored by the Radiation Safety Committee, Lab Safety Committee, Institutional Biosafety Committee and Laser Safety Committee. Support for these safety committees is provided by the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
Consultations and Office Hours
- Contact our office at (541) 346-2510 to speak to a representative or email email@example.com to schedule an individual consultation to
- Determine if an IRB application needs to be submitted.
- Understand how regulations apply for a project or activity.
- Get an IRB application ready for review.
- Submit an application.
- Office Hours
- Tuesdays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesdays: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Research Compliance Services is located in the PeaceHealth North Building, Sacred Heart Medical Center, University District.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
677 East 12th Ave, Suite 500
Eugene, OR 97403
Phone: (541) 346-2510
Fax: (541) 346-5138
5237 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5237