The Office of Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment, and Export Controls helps identify and mitigate undue influence in research and scholarship. Transdisciplinary and international collaborations are vital to the development of world-class ideas, and these types of collaborations can sometimes create conflicts. Rather than avoid these conflicts, we support faculty as they navigate university, state, and federal regulatory environments so that UO research and scholarship is free from bias and foreign influence.
We work with the university community to:
- Identify and manage conflicts of interest and conflicts of commitment between an employee's UO job duties and their outside activities
- Ensure UO employees understand and comply with Oregon State ethics laws
- Ensure UO researchers understand and comply with federal research regulations for financial conflicts of interest
- Identify and mitigate undue foreign influence in UO scholarship and research
- Help faculty meet federal export control regulations in their international collaborations