Most funding agencies specify in their published guidelines or application forms the preferred format for proposal preparation, which should be followed whenever possible. Deviation from published guidelines could lead to your proposal being returned without review.
All proposals for external funding must be reviewed and approved by Sponsored Projects Services using the Electronic Proposal Clearance System (EPCS). Proposals will be reviewed and submitted by your Pre-Award Sponsored Projects Administrator in accordance with university and sponsor guidelines.
Proposal Preparation Guidance
- Getting started
- Recommended Proposal Submission in Advance of the External Deadline
- When is an EPCS record required
- Roles and Responsibilities for Grant Application and Administration
- Proposal Sections
- Cover Page Information
- Proposals that may not require official clearance
- Treatment of Gifts and Sponsored Projects at UO
- Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosure
- PI Certification
- Other guidance information