The purpose of this page is to provide key research administration and subaward process information to our subrecipients and UO units assisting with the setup of a subaward. To learn more about subaward roles and responsibilities, please see this page.
- This will replace the paper-based process for requesting an outgoing subaward. More information, including user documentation, is on the SPS Subaward Portal page.
2 CFR Part 200 Subpart A
§200.74 Pass-through entity.
Pass-through entity means a non-Federal entity that provides a subaward to a subrecipient to carry out part of a Federal program.
Subaward means an award provided by a pass-through entity to a subrecipient for the subrecipient to carry out part of a Federal award received by the pass-through entity. It does not include payments to a contractor or payments to an individual that is a beneficiary of a Federal program. A subaward may be provided through any form of legal agreement, including an agreement that the pass-through entity considers a contract.
Subrecipient means a non-Federal entity that receives a subaward from a pass-through entity to carry out part of a Federal program; but does not include an individual that is a beneficiary of such program. A subrecipient may also be a recipient of other Federal awards directly from a Federal awarding agency.
The following documents are required in order to initiate a subaward agreement:
- Scope of Work
- Budget Justification
- Subrecipient Certification Form
- Federally Negotiated F&A Rate and/or Fringe Rate Agreement(s) if applicable
- Grants Training 101 Modules
provided by US Chief Financial Officers Council (CFO) and the Council on Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR)
- Invoice Requirements
- Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200)
- Common Rule
- Animal Welfare Act
- NIH Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research Policy
- Fly America Act
- For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com