Research Compliance Services (RCS) is implementing the IRB module of the Research Administration Portal (RAP). The RAP will be an integrated suite of modules that will support human subject research, conflicts of interest, animal research and operations management, effort certification, and grants management. See the RAP page for more information on the RAP project and to access the system.
The IRB module is being implemented in two phases:
- Soft Launch – starting January 25, 2021
- Newly established studies will be submitted and managed using the IRB module.
- Legacy studies (i.e., existing studies established prior to the IRB module) will continue to be managed using the current established systems.
- Once a new study is established in the IRB module, all follow-on submissions will submit through the system.
- Full Launch – scheduled for Spring 2021
- All transactions will be submitted through the IRB module.
- Legacy studies approved prior to implementation of the IRB module will be migrated into the new system.
- Legacy studies will require some additional steps at the time of the first submitted transaction (e.g., next modification or continuing review submission).
- More communication to come as the full launch date is announced and approaches!
During the transition of systems, Research Compliance Services is available to support you! We have updated our human subject research website to explain how to prepare submissions during the transition. We have dedicated workshops to support users and we are available for individual and team consults. Contact RCS at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (541)346-2510 with questions and/or to request a scheduled remote consult.
Preparing Study Submissions during the Transition
During the soft launch, we will support submissions using both RAP and legacy systems. Our Human Subject Research Forms and Guidance page has been updated with new versions of materials. We also have step-by-step guidance for RAP submissions ready to support you!
- Legacy studies are those studies established prior to the implementation of the IRB module of the Research Administration Portal (RAP).
- Legacy study applications are submitted by emailing an application and protocol materials to RCS.
- All follow-on submissions (e.g., amendments/modifications, continuing review/progress reports) for legacy studies will continue to be made via email using legacy versions of the application forms until the full launch of the IRB module in Spring 2021.
- RAP studies are those studies established and managed using the IRB module of the Research Administration Portal (RAP).
- As of January 25, 2021, all new studies are submitted through the IRB module using RAP versions of the application forms.
- All follow-on submissions (e.g., amendments/modifications, continuing review/progress reports) for RAP studies will be submitted through the IRB module.
NOTE: Legacy materials can be loaded into the system to preserve any work for a period of time following each launch.